Part 4 유형별 속독 연습하기
1. Announcement – Company 사내 방송
1. Before we begin with our regular management meeting, I just want to remind you that we’ll be experiencing some computer network shutdowns on Friday because of the new system upgrade. When the system shuts down, you won’t be able to access to the internet or your e-mail account. In order to minimize interruptions in our normal business operations, we’ll stagger the shutdown by department. So please check the schedule posted on the hallway bulletin boards for the times for each of your department.
→ •They are scheduled to upgrade the system on Friday.
→ •The schedule is on display in bulletin boards.
2. Beginning next week, we'll be upgrading the company's telephone messaging system.
The new system will include some features that should help communicate more efficiently. Especially, on a group project. Keep in mind that the messages stored up on the old system won't be transferred to the new one. So, it's important for everyone to take time to review all your saved messages by the end of this week
→ The work is scheduled to begin next week.
→ The advantage of the change is a more efficient communication.
→ The speaker advises the employees to review their messages.
3. Good afternoon. As vice president of the BB company sales division, I am proud to share with you today some extremely positive news. Our company has just reported a second quarter gain of nearly 10% in sales. I am sure you will all be pleased to know that the positive growth of our firm ensures that all employees will receive a bonus in May.
à The speaker is a company’s vice president.
à This announcement is addressed about the company’s sales increase.
à The employees will get a bonus.
4. Hi, Bill. This is Janice Rodgers from maintenance. I wanted to let you know that we're going to have a shut down all of the elevators in the west wing on Monday while some problems with the electrical systems are being taken care of. The interruptions should last about two days and all systems should be up and running on Wednesday. If you're expecting any large equipment deliveries on Monday or Tuesday, let me know. I should be able to send a couple of people from the maintenance department to help carry things up the stairs.
à A set of elevators are being repaired.
à The repairs expected to be completed by Wednesday.
à Ms. Rodgers offers to send staff to help move equipment.
5. Thank you all for joining us this afternoon. We wanted to let you know that after three months of interviewing applicants, our hiring committees has offered a position for the executive vice president of Kale Consulting to Sanyo Reeves. To have her work here in about six weeks after going through our Executive Orientation program, Ms. Reeves has come to us from a global group in Paris where she has worked as a director of marketing for the past two years. Ms Reeves will now spend six-weeks training we have before relocating to the main office, here in Montreal. We are very excited to welcome Ms Reeves to this organization. We look forward to having her in Montreal.
à This announcement is being announced about a staff promotion.
à Ms. Grooves will be in training for 6 weeks.
à The main office of Kale Consulting is in Montreal.
6. Please note that parking garage A will be closed for maintenance, during the first week of October. If you normally park in garage A, we ask that you park in the area behind the cafeteria on Oct. 10th. To park there, you will need to display a special sticker on your car. You can get one at the security desk which is open from 7 to 7, Mon through Friday.
→ The purpose of the message is to inform employees of the planned maintenance.
→ To obtain a sticker, employees should go to the security desk.
à The office is open everyday except weekend.
7. As you are probably aware, the scholarships are intended for students who have done well not only academically, but also in activities such as athletics and performing arts. The scholarships will cover all book costs but not living expenses.
→ The scholarships are intended for students who have succeeded in many areas.
à The scholarships will pay for book purchases.
8. Welcome everyone. As the international sales director of the Northern Wood Lumbering Paper company, It's my pleasure to open this year's sales conference. We're glad you've all made it from our offices around the world. We rely on our international sales force to make Northern Wood a premium brand in our field and the past year you certainly haven't let us down. This has been Northern Wood's most successful financial year ever. We couldn't have done it without your excellent sales efforts. Now, let me give you the details of what we've got planned this week.
→ This speech is intended for company sales representatives.
à The speaker says that it has been the most successful year.
à Next, the speaker is going to discuss upcoming events.
9. The first item on the agenda of this morning's meeting, is the company's new travel policy. We have made two major policy changes. The first regards currency exchange. You will no longer be issuing traveler's checks for international trips. We have found that the best exchange rates are at automatic banking machines. So you will be issued new company bank cards by the end of the month. The other major change regards hotels. From now on you may stay only at company approved hotels in each city. You will find a list of these hotels in the folder you received when you came in today.
This announcement deals with a new travel policy.
The employees will receive a automatic banking cards.
Employees were given a list of hotel names.