[ADVANCED ENGLISH STUDY]
TIME: SUNDAY 3PM-6PM
VENUE: GANGNAM STATION
!WE ARE LOOKING FOR ONE NEW MEMBER!
"ENGLISH ONLY FOR THREE HOURS!"
1. CASUAL TALK. ICE BREAKING/WARMING UP session (20mins)
- the week's person in charge will upload a simple topic (or short video clips like simpsons/friends/music videos..etc) for this session
- we will conversate about the uploaded topic to warm up and open the week's study
2. BOOK CLUB session (1hr 30mins)
- we will read a short story or a short chapter every week.
you must be done reading before you arrive to the week's study
1 Discussion Leader (prepare 3-5 questions (about the book) and lead a discussion)
1 Character Analysis (be able to describe the characters of the book)
1 Summarizer (be able to summarize the plot/contents of the book)
- Every study member must select (1~10) vocabs/phrases they are unfamiliar with,
find out the meaning/use of the vocabs/phrases,
and bring it to our study and share them with us.
- all in all, this session will be about sharing our own ideas of the assigned reading material.
3. Debating session (1hr)
- also varies depending on the week's person in charge
- the week's person in charge of the debating session should upload a topic (that CAN lead into a debate) by the DAY BEFORE the weeks study
- the topic must have an attached news article, TED presentation, video clip, etc
- the topic also must be attached with FIVE questions for the debate
This study is for those who want to brush up/ maintain/better their english.
most of our members joined because they were eager to find a desirable environment to speak english.
- has overseas experience
(i lived abroad 10-11years...but im not asking for a perfect native speaker as im not one either)
- intends to go abroad in the future (for studying or for career)
- able to speak in english fluently (has no problem in basic communication)
- wants to brush up or maintain or better their english
- willing to participate steadily and enthusiastically
HOW TO JOIN?
please send an email to email@example.com
WITH the required information below
-certified english test scores (toefl, toeic, toeic speaking, opic etc)
-why you want to join (the most important question!!!!