1. His grandfather's will provided him with
an __________ of $5,000 a year to be used for school expenses
(A)annulment (B)annex (C)annuity (D)anthology
2. The report says few IT leaders are
working in __________ with line-of-business executives on challenges relating
to next-generation technology.
(A)tandem (B)temerity (C)tenet (D)torpor
3. As year-end approaches in Japan,
millions of employees receive a __________ in the form of thick bundles of
(A)woe (B)windfall (C)wrath (D)wake
4. Your test scores were so __________ that
it could cause a feeling of surprise and wonder.
(A)turgid (B)tranquil (C)terrifying (D)terrific
5. I tried to stay __________ about losing
the election in order not to reveal my true feelings.
(A)unilateral (B)upbeat (C)uncouth (D)uncanny
6. The out-of-state motorist claimed to be __________
of the local speed limit, even though the signs must have been hard to miss
(A)oblivious (B)oblique (C)obnoxious (D)obsequious
7. The illness __________ him of his
(A)nipped (B)weakened (C)nonplused (D)sapped
8. Though your decade's marketing
experience has dealt with a totally different kind of product in a Latin
American market, we believe that it will be possible to __________ yourself to
the marketing of food products in Asia.
(A)obscure (B)obliterate (C)reorient (D)regale
9. His __________ in adversity is
legendary, his political comebacks are only outdone by his narrow escapes from
(A)resilience (B)redress (C)refectory (D)regeneration
10. Scientists in Taiwan are warning
residents to __________ for further aftershocks following a weekend earthquake.
(A)broach (B)burgeon (C)beset (D)brace